Counseling & Therapy in Maryland
Free therapy in Maryland may be available if you are sad, grieving, stressed or want to make a change in your life. The Pro Bono Counseling Project assists families, couples and individuals. Services are available via teletherapy (video conferencing), and during the COVID-19 pandemic, telephone only therapy has been authorized in Maryland.
The Pro Bono Counseling Project’s mission is to ensure that Marylanders with limited resources requesting mental health care are provided access to volunteer licensed mental health professionals and other necessary supportive services.
Call (410) 825-1001 for a Confidential Phone Interview
Suicide helplines provide help to those in need. Contact a helpline if you need support yourself or need help supporting a friend. If you’re concerned about a friend, please encourage the person to contact a helpline as well.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1 800 273 TALK (8255)
- Veteran/Military Crisis Line (for active U.S. service members, veterans, and family members)
- 1 800 273 8255
- SMS: 838255
- The Trevor Project (for LGBT youth, friends and family members)
- 1 866 488 7386
- Crisis Text Line
- http://www.facebook.com/crisistextline(chat support)
- SMS: Text “HERE” to 741-741